New website launched for The Bank of Ireland Open Farm Weekend
Bank of Ireland Open Farm Weekend was established in 2012 as an annual showcase event for the Northern Ireland farming industry, a celebration of our farmers and the food industry.
Primarily it aims to help the public, particularly those from a non-farming background, better understand how our food is produced and to raise awareness of the importance of the local supply chain. The initiative hopes to reconnect the public with the countryside and the local farming community which is responsible for producing the food we all enjoy.
Each farm event is unique and will be organised primarily by the host farmer. Visitors to the farm will have a free VIP pass to see the exact processes involved and the care and dedication that goes into food production while hopefully gaining an understanding of how important local farming is for everyone’s future. Visitors will have the opportunity to meet the farmer and, on certain farms, be able to taste and buy the food, highlighting the importance of supporting your community by buying local. To date, over 60,000 people, including Primary School pupils as part of our extensive Schools Programme, have visited a variety of farms across Northern Ireland.
Bank of Ireland Open Farm Weekend is being delivered by Ulster Farmers’ Union and is sponsored by Bank of Ireland UK and supported by The Prince’s Countryside Fund; NFU Mutual, Asda and Tesco. The weekend would also not be possible without the help and resources of Young Farmers’ Clubs of Ulster, CAFRE, the Northern Ireland Food and Drink Association and Food NI.
What we did
- A new public facing website for visitors to increase awareness and enquiries. Included new design, layout, interfaces and content to entice users
- Responsive website design so the site can be viewed on multiple screen resolutions and devices
- Drag and Drop CMS Interface (Built on Award Winning WordPress Platform)
- Fully Integrated Blog System
- Find a farm section with an interactive google map, to allow visitors plan their weekend
- Individual Farms overview with information, galleries, videos and get in touch forms a quick enquiry form
- Integrated social media icons so users can conveniently share information
- Facebook and Twitter feeds
- A media centre including a Gallery and Latest News section
Visit the new website: http://openfarmweekend.com/